The Tadley Runners’ Club Championship is an age-graded competition designed to recognise the club’s best runners irrespective of age or sex. The Championship is open to all members (including those who have first claim membership elsewhere).
Age grading is a way of putting all race participants on a level playing field, regardless of age or gender. Age graded scores compares race times to those of different runners, as well as to the standard for your age and gender.
The Club will use this calculator to arrive at comparative percentages:
The overall championship will be awarded to the member with the highest average percentage from any 4 of the championship distances gained in parkruns and any race organised by an ARC/EA affiliated club over a qualifying certified distance and with verifiable results published on the race host’s web site. Members should wear club colours in the races.
– 5k (including parkrun)
– 5 Mile
– 10 Mile
– Half Marathon
– 20 Mile
Please notify the Club Secretary of any races you wish to be recorded in the Championship by providing your name and a web link to your result. Age grading will be calculated based on your exact age (rounded to 1 decimal place) on the day of the race. (For example if your birthdate is December 25th 1960, and you enter a race on July 4th 2014 your age will be 53.5)
1. Each competitor must be a fully paid-up member.
2. Races will only count if the member’s subscription is paid-up at the time of the event.
3. Competitors must complete in at least 4 different distances from 5k, 5m, 10k, 10 mile, half marathon, 20m and marathon road races.
4. The average of the best 4 percentage ratings from the above distances will be used – only one percentage rating from each distance may be used.
5. Prizes will be awarded to:
i. Overall Club Champion
ii. 1st Runner-up
iii. 2nd Runner-up
6. You may run as many races as you like, only your best results will be counted.
7. Only official web results will be used for scoring.
8. Where available chip timings will be used.
9. The Championship season runs from January 1st to December 31st.
10. With regard to any issues arising, the Committee’s decision is final.
Please click here to see the latest club Champhionship results. These are draft until all results are checked.